- This award reflects Schneider Electric’s leadership in sustainable infrastructure solutions and its commitments to help its partners and customers reduce their environmental impact.
- To date, Schneider Electric has helped its partners and customers reduce 320 million tonnes of CO2
- Green Premium ™ products represented more than 76% of sales in 2020
- Circular economy addressed via Trade-UPS and ECOFIT ™, recycling and take-back programs
MISSISSAUGA, ON, October 1, 2021 / CNW / – Schneider Electric, leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, was named “Sustainable Infrastructure Supplier of the Year” at the 2021 CRN Tech Impact Awards. This award recognizes the company’s leadership in developing sustainable and energy-efficient technologies for data centers and advanced computing environments, and its proven track record in helping partners and customers deliver solutions that address critical issues of sustainability and of the circular economy. Launched in March 2021, the CRN Tech Impact Awards recognize suppliers, distributors, IT resellers and MSPs who lead the way in addressing their own environmental and social impact, as well as that of their technologies, solutions and services.
At Schneider Electric, sustainable development is part of our DNA. Our goal is to enable everyone to make the most of our energy and resources, and to work with our community of channels to bring progress and sustainability through digitization and electrification to a wide range of industries, including data centers, energy networks, buildings and industrial facilities. . Named “the world’s most sustainable company” by Corporate Knights in 2021, Schneider Electric is used to driving digital transformation on a global scale and today works with its distribution partners and customers to reduce their environmental impact through technological innovation and sustainable business strategies.
The company’s Green Premium ™ products, for example, deliver long-lasting performance by design and accounted for over 76% of sales in 2020. Its ECOFIT ™ and Trade-UPS, recycling and take-back programs address the economy circular and ensure responsible disposal. abandoned infrastructure technologies such as MV equipment and inverters. In addition, its EcoStruxure ™ solutions and its Energy & Sustainability services directly enable customers to reduce their CO emissions.2 carbon footprint and a reduction in carbon emissions of 20% on average.
The company is also no stranger to Net Zero and has worked tirelessly to reduce the impact of scope 3 emissions on the environment by creating strategies to minimize CO emissions.2 in its supply chain and in its entire ecosystem of partners. Its public commitments today include:
- Accelerate its 2030 goal of carbon neutrality in its extended ecosystem by 2025;
- Eliminate gas and ensure the end of SF6 by the end of 2025;
- Achieve zero net operational emissions by 2030 as part of the validated SBT target;
- Achieve a net zero supply chain by 2050.
In 2020, Schneider Electric announced that it was accelerating its sustainability commitments and pledged to help its customers save / avoid 800M tonnes of carbon emissions by 2025. Shortly after the start of this program, it helped reduce CO emissions2 of 320 million tonnes. In addition, it launched The Zero Carbon Project, an initiative to halve the carbon emissions of its key supply chain partners by 2025, and a call to action already joined by 91% of d ‘between them.
Sustainable technologies for the chain
Data center and edge computing power demands are growing exponentially, and a new report from Schneider Electric has found compute power demands could increase by 50% by 2030. To help partners To design, build and deploy sustainable data centers from the cloud to the edge, Schneider has created a portfolio of cutting-edge solutions to address sustainability and energy efficiency issues. They understand:
- EcoStruxure Data center solutions – bringing together power, cooling, racks and management to support sustainable computing in edge applications and data centers.
- EcoStruxure IT – The first open, interoperable, vendor-independent remote monitoring software platform, enabling partners to gain data-driven insights that drive sustainable decision-making and digital services.
- Single and three-phase lithium-ion uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) – like its Galaxy series; a Green Premium inverter offering up to 99% efficiency when used in ECOnversion mode.
- Uniflair cooling – Free cooling system offering 25% more efficiency and durability than comparable systems.
- Liquid cooling technologies – offering 14% less CapEx and up to 30% energy reduction compared to air cooling.
- EcoStruxure Micro data centers – state-of-the-art pre-integrated and energy-efficient computer systems combining power, cooling, security, IT and software.
- Switchgear without SF6 – using clean air instead of SF6 gas, which has a high global warming potential (GWP).
In addition, its EcoStruxure Micro Data Centers offer partners the ability to design, build and deploy edge facilities in a sustainable manner. These systems are used by alliance partners such as Cisco, Dell and HPE to create a standardized and repeatable approach to edge computing, essential for reducing emissions at the edge.
“Climate change has become the greatest challenge of our time, and the role of distribution partners has never been more crucial” noted Karlton Gray, channel manager, Schneider Electric, United Kingdom and Ireland. “No single company can reduce its environmental impact alone, and it is only through increased collaboration, digitization and transparency that we can make Net Zero a reality. At Schneider, our mission is to be your partner for efficiency and sustainability, and we are truly delighted to have been named CRN Tech Impact Sustainable Infrastructure Vendor of the Year. ”
To find out more about Schneider Electric’s commitments in terms of sustainable development, visit the website website.
EcoStruxure ™ is our open, interoperable and IoT compatible system architecture and platform. EcoStruxure provides our customers with added value in terms of safety, reliability, efficiency, durability and connectivity. EcoStruxure leverages advancements in IoT, mobility, detection, cloud, analytics, and cybersecurity to deliver innovation at every level. This includes connected products, edge control, and the applications, analytics, and services that are supported by the client lifecycle software. EcoStruxure ™ has been deployed at nearly 500,000 sites with the support of over 20,000 developers, 650,000 service providers and partners, 3,000 utilities and connects over 2 million assets under management.
From energy and sustainability consulting to optimizing the lifecycle of your operational systems, we offer services around the world to meet your business needs. As a customer-centric organization, Schneider Electric is your trusted advisor to help you increase asset reliability, improve total cost of ownership and drive your business digital transformation towards sustainability, efficiency. and security.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider’s goal is to enable everyone to make the most of our energy and resources, bridge the gap between progress and sustainability for everyone. We call it Life is on the move.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for sustainability and efficiency. We drive the digital transformation by integrating leading-edge process and energy technologies, products, controls, software and endpoint-to-cloud connection services, throughout the lifecycle, enabling management of integrated enterprise, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems passionate about our Meaningful, inclusive and empowered goal values.
Hashtags: #CRNTechImpact # Sustainability
SOURCE Schneider Electric Canada inc.
View original content to download multimedia: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/October2021/01/c2815.html